Dr Debra Norris FRCPA
Pathologist in Charge - Histology & Medical Director
Phone: (07) 3121 4444
Laboratory: Central (Murarrie)
- Dr Debra Norris graduated from The University of Queensland with a MBBS Hons in 1984.
- Dr Norris trained in histopathology at the Mater and Princess Alexandra Hospitals, obtaining her fellowship in pathology in 1994. In 1997, Dr Norris undertook a fellowship in haematopathology at Massachusetts General Hospital with world renowned authority Dr Nancy Harris.
- Dr Norris worked as a Staff Histopathologist at the Mater Hospital before joining QML Pathology in October 2002 as a Consultant Histopathologist, becoming Medical Director in 2005.
- Dr Norris has extensive experience in lymphomas and is consulted by Pathologists and Medical Practitioners from around Australia. Dr Norris was on the Australian committee establishing both diagnostic guidelines and synoptic reporting of lymphoma.
- Dr Norris is currently a member of the European Association of Hematopathology; and reviewer for the journal of Haematopathology.
- Dr Norris is an examiner for RCPA and is currently on the Pathology MBS review committee.
- Dr Norris is a senior VMO to Princess Alexandra Hospital, where she provides a lymphoma consultative service for lymphoma diagnosis throughout the state.
- Her special areas of interest are lymphoma (including nodal, extranodal and cutaneous lymphoma), dermatopathology and gastroenterology.