QML Pathology have offered the Warfarin service
for over 40 years as part of our commitment to support you and your patients.
You may not be aware that there is no Medicare rebate, nor any other government funding for this service. To continue to provide this service, we have introduced a registration fee for new patients and a small annual fee for existing patients. This will affect your patients as follows;
New Patients registered from 1st November 2018
✓ Registration fee*
✓ Annual fee* (will apply from the following year). Nursing Home residents are exempt from both fees.
Concessional patients include:
- Concessional patients will be charged at a reduced rate.
- Holders of a valid DVA card will not receive an account. QML Pathology will bill the DVA directly for eligible DVA card holders.
- Anyone over the age of 65, or under the age of 18yrs
- Anyone who holds a Pension / Health Care / Commonwealth Seniors / DVA Cards
This fee will ensure we can continue to deliver this much-needed service and allow us to offer your Warfarin patients comprehensive support and peace of mind.
The fee will include:
- One of our specialist pathologists monitoring the patient’s Warfarin levels
- Access to our Warfarin Care team who are trained to deal with Warfarin dosing
- Access, where appropriate, to Vitamin K at no further cost if required for INR reversal
- A patient contact process for urgent changes to Warfarin doses
- A patient contact process for overdue tests for Warfarin patients
- Access to our Warfarin Support Group via phone and email
Please ensure your patient is advised of these fees by having them sign the Informed Financial Consent form and returning this document with the registration request.